I don't usually make New Years resolutions or take them very seriously, but this year is different. My business is growing fast, and I have a lot to look forward to and plan for in 2024! I am so thankful to all who have supported me in the past year, and I am also so proud of myself for surpassing my goals.
Last year, I planned on increasing my profits from pottery sales to match my income from teaching, and I did just that! My profits were almost double what I projected, and I made new connections and accomplished teaching goals that I set for myself way back in the beginning.
Here are some of the highlights of 2023 that I am most proud of:
- teaching a series of 8 weeks clay classes to children
- growing my experience with wheel throwing
- learning how to make my own glazes
- joining a clay council
- hosting successful booths at popular art festivals
- establishing new business connections and maintaining current teaching partnerships
- teaching my first class for adults
- making and selling clay kits
- challenging myself in sculpture
Now that I've figured out how to jumpstart my pottery, I'm eager to plan for 2024! I still have a long way to go in establishing a consistent stream of income both for the business and for my family. So far, I've been able to create a self-sustaining business, but there isn't much left for me once I've invested in equipment, supplies, and continuing education. In 2024, I'd like to start paying myself first before investing my profit into assets for the business. It has surely been a struggle balancing my drive to create and share art with my need to generate income for my business. As inflation has affected my business, I see the need to adjust pricing for classes and my pottery in the near future.
Here are some of my goals for the New Year:
- establish 1 new ongoing teaching position
- focus my home studio on increasing production, efficiency, and work/life balance
- increase online sales
- connect with my local clay community
- increase booth sales and local presence
- start a monthly newsletter
- streamline marketing and social media approach
I'm so excited to see what this year holds, and I'm hoping you will stick with me as Tulip Tree Tales grows and evolves into a business that inspires others to experience and enjoy pottery and nature-inspired art as much as I do. If you are interested in hearing more, don't forget to sign up for my newsletters.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!